Sunday, October 16, 2011

Itsy Bitsy Spiders

I love this time of year!  The leaves are changing, the weather is perfect for go-cart rides, and all things fall are fun!
At a recent family bonfire, we made these adorable T-shirts! They were super simple!!!



First, I found T-shirts on clearance on Walmart.  I probably should have pre-washed them but I didn't.  I put newspaper and old magazines inside the shirts to keep the paint from seeping through to the other side.  I used black fabric paint, but you have to be super careful not to get it on your clothes.

I painted the kiddos palms and four fingers (do not paint the thumb).  My little suggestion: if you are painting a younger kids hands I would do just one hand at a time to minimize the mess. 
Stamp the child's painted hand onto the shirt with thumb down.  Place the other hand down on the shirt, so the palms touch.  I let the spiders dry before I used white puffy paint to add eyes.  I used a thin paintbrush to paint the spider webs.

The kids had a lot of fun making shirts and had even more fun wearing them later that week!


No comments:

Post a Comment