Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It has been a long time since I have written a post, but we have been busy hunting for a house.  We close on our current house next week, and have yet to find the perfect house to call our next home.  Part of the problem is that Kee and I want different things in a home.  His back-woods roots are starting to show and he wants some land, while I want a house that feels just right.

For those of you who know us, you can imagine how different my husband's taste is from mine. If you don't know us, let me try to explain.  I am a list-maker and visuals are my friend.  So tonight I created two charts. 

This first chart shows some of the things I want in a house.  The houses in both charts are numbered in the order that we viewed them.




# of bedrooms that we want
Good Layout    
Toy Room?
Good School District
Storage
Nice Bathroom Fixtures
Nice countertops
House #1
YES
NO
YES
?
?
NO
NO
House #2
NO
YES
NO
YES
YES
YES
YES
House #3
NO
?
?
YES
YES
YES
NO
House #4
YES
YES
YES
YES
NO
YES
YES

I think it is kind of nice to step back and look at the "facts" of the search.  Of course there are a few more details that I didn't include in my chart...but these are the biggies. 
Well, let's muddy up this mess a bit more.  After viewing lots of houses and looking at many real estate pages online with my husband, I have gathered that these are his big deciding factors.  Check out his chart!

Fly Kites
Play Banjo on back porch
Shoot guns
Ride go-carts that we do not own
Pee off the back porch @ night
Man cave
Ride Bikes
House #1
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
NO
House #2
NO
YES
NO
YES
?
YES
YES
House #3
?
YES
NO
NO
?
YES
?
House #4
?
?
NO
NO
NO
YES
NO

Please don't judge my husband!  I still love him, but now you can feel my pain.  I know we will eventually find a home that we can both be excited about, but until then it IS entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment