Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nocturnal Ninjas!


Well, I am absolutely exhausted today.  Thank goodness for my dear friend Diet Mt Dew!



My 11 month old son, Z, still isn't sleeping through the night.  I scamper out of bed at 12:45 to feed him.  I sneak back into the warmth of my bed only to be greeted by my husbands outstretched hand.  He had it straight up in the air as if he was a kindergartner with a question.  Very quietly yet intensely he said, "Jess, be careful they are using swords for butter knives!"

I guess I should take a quick break to tell you that these sleep conversations are a regular occurrence from my husband of 7 years.  They are always crazy and comical.  And no, I have yet to catch them on tape.

Me: "Who has swords?"
Kee: "The baby ninjas!" (These pesky ninjas are also a recurring theme). "Why do they need utensils anyway?  Hmm...other than a three-prong fork."

I decide to ignore him, because I'm so tired.  Sometimes talking with him only keeps it going.  I lay my head on my pillow and close my eyes.  Then I hear him tossing and turning again.

Kee: (in an English accent) "If you're going to get up anyway...could you get me a spot o' tea?"

Thankfully that was the end of the talking for the night.  But somewhere between 2:00 am and 4:00 am, Twiggy (our 3 year old daughter) crawled into bed with us.  Then at 4:23 am, little Z decided he was hungry again.  Kee's alarm went off at 6:00 and Z woke up for good at 6:48am.  Hmm...do you think I'll be lucky enough to have both kiddos nap at the same time today?


No comments:

Post a Comment